Fox Blocks Takes Home Nine Awards During World of Concrete
Fox Blocks received nine top awards for innovation and efficiency at the 2017 International ICF Builder Awards in Las Vegas, NV. Over 300 professionals attended this year's award ceremony, held in conjunction with the World of Concrete Tradeshow. The executive director of ICF Builder Group and organizer of the competition, Clark Ricks, said, "The variety and scale of projects being built with ICFs is truly astounding. It's time these outstanding projects received recongnition, and we feel privileged to take a leading role in that. These projects truly represent the best of the best." Five "Best In Show" awards were given to Fox Blocks for outstanding breakthroughs in the use of ICFs in the following categories: hospitality, light commercial, development, multifamily, and small residential.
- Holiday Inn Express, Louisville, KY- Best In Show Hospitality
- Coca-Cola Pavilion, Lake Buena Vista, FL - Best In Show Light Commercial
- The Village at Mountain Shadows, Paradise Valley, AZ - Best In Show Development
- Graymoor Friary, Garrison, NY - Best In ShowMultifamily
- Howells Residence, Fountain Hills, AZ - Best In Show Small Residential
Fox Blocks received four, 1st Runner-up awards for major accomplishments advancing the use of ICFs in the heavy commercial, education, multifamily, and large residential categories.
- San Francisco de Asis Church, Flagstaff, AZ- 1st Runner Up Heavy Commercial
- West High School, West, TX - 1st Runner Up Education
- Frost Street Apartments, Brooklyn, NY -1st Runner Up Multifamily
- Kuebitz Residence, Poway, CA -1st Runner Up Large Residential
Key factors considered in being chosen for these awards were affordability, energy efficiency, complexity of design, striking architecture, and the challenges the construction team faced and overcame during the build - setting a new standard for the entire ICF industry. Without the cooperation of a wide array of team players, these wins could not be achieved. We thank our dealers, distributors, and installers that contributed to the construction of these outstanding projects, as well as the many developers, architects, engineers, and building owner that have recommended and specified our product. We would also like to thank the organizers of the annual Builder Awards for their continued support and dedication to the ICF industry. Congratulations to all who participated!